Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
James 1:27

Thursday, September 15, 2011

 Woke up this morning to beautiful snowy mountains and cloud cover. I must say, I am the only one in our family who is excited for winter. I am already listening to Christmas music with Toby, and already planning in my head what I want my house to look like decorated this year. I know.....it's too soon, but at least I'll be prepared!
Went to the Montrose High School home coming parade to watch our favorite coach, Coach Lee :), and our favorite fan, Toby Lee, ride in the fire truck with the football team! I had to wake Toby from his nap a bit earlier so he could be apart of this spectacular Montrose event, and I only got him to stop being cranky by telling him he would get to ride in a fire truck and honk the horn! So the whole way to the parade I hear.."Momma, I get to ride in fire truck? Momma, I get to ride in fire truck? (repeat..repeat..repeat...) you get the picture. Finally we got there and Jared took him to with the team before I could give my little fan a kiss. He was so excited! His first homecoming parade.....maybe in a few years he will get to ride that truck as a football quarterback! We'll see......

In case you're wondering why I have a picture of RANDOM girls on a float, the one in the gray hoodie, waving is Emily Veenstra...she is Toby's on call babysitter when family is busy. She is also one of the manager's for the football team! Toby, and Jared and I, love her!!!
And here's my Toby....loving the attention from all the fans!!!!

No comments: